Music has always been one of my biggest motivators, especially when it comes to exercise. I used to teach spin classes and would put a good amount of effort into creating playlists that I knew would energize my class participants (admittedly, more than any instructor really should ha). However, I'm well aware that a good song can push someone to work even harder... whether or not they realize it :)
Since last month's Music Monday was a dance/hip hop mix, I initially was planning to change gears and do something different for February.
But then T.I. came on my iTunes shuffle...
...followed by Fatman Scoop...
...which of course got me thinking of other fun dance songs I could create a workout playlist from.... and before I knew it, Part 2 was born!
As in Part 1, most of these songs (with the exception of a couple) aren't all that current but who cares... if your motivation to work out - or to just get through Monday - is lagging, throw a few of these on... trust me, you won't be the first person to start dancing on your spin bike ;)
Music Monday - February 2013 - Dance Mix, Part 2
- Bom Bom (feat. The Teaching) ~ Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Ghosts-n-Stuff ~ Deadmau5
- Emerge ~ Fischerspooner
- We Own The Night (feat. Luciana) [Original Mix] ~ Tiesto & Wolfgang Gartner
- Little Bad Girl (feat. Taio Cruz & Ludacris) ~ David Guetta
- Full Moon (feat. Common) ~ Armand Van Helden
- Alright (feat. Machel Montano) ~ Pitbull
- Ball (feat. Lil Wayne) ~ T.I.
- Don't Touch Me Now (Throw Da Water On 'Em) ~ Busta Rhymes
- Tambourine ~ Eve
- Drop (feat. Fatman Scoop) ~ Magoo & Timbaland
- Countdown ~ Beyonce
- Clocks ~ Rhythms del Mundo & Coldplay (cool-down to a great version of the original song w/ a little added Cuban flair)
What gets you motivated to work a little harder during your workout??