It's been a while since I last posted a workout mix, plus I was feeling the need to put a new playlist on my iPod, so I figured I'd share some of my latest discoveries. Personally, having fun music gets me super motivated to work out and helps push me a little harder, especially with my cardio.
It's not all new music per se... some of it is new to ME and a couple are old school songs I haven't heard in years and forgot about... until they randomly came on my Pandora while cleaning my apartment the other day and caused a mini-dance party in my kitchen. But I suppose that a Jay-Z playlist with a little Salt-n-Pepa and Coolio thrown in for variety will do that :)
Warning: these songs may make you want to bust out your own mini-dance party right in the middle of the gym... just sayin'...
Music Monday - January 2013 - Dance Mix
- Global Concepts (Radio Edit) ~ Robert DeLong
- Clique ~ Kanye West , Jay-Z, Big Sean
- Don't Stop the Party (feat TJR) ~ Pitbull - this song makes me want to Zumbaaah...
- Hat 2 Da Back ~ TLC - told you I was getting old school ;)
- Know The Ledge ~ Eric B. and Rakim - classic
- C'mon (catch 'Em By Surprise) ~ Tiesto & Diplo, feat. Busta Rhymes
- Hey Boy, Hey Girl ~ Chemical Brothers
- YOLO ~ Laidback Luke & Martin Solveig vs Drake
- Hard (Jody den Broeder Radio Edit) ~ Rihanna
- Feel It ~ DJ Felli Fel
- Mercy.1 ~ Kanye West, feat. 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Pusha T
- Midnight City (Eric Prydz Remix) ~ M83
- Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) ~ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Although this song is probably going to get old for me soon, I'm liking this beat... and the lyrics are hilarious
- Locked Out of Heaven ~ Bruno Mars - I like this song even more after watching his performance on SNL... I've never seen a band have so much fun!
- Suit & Tie ~ Justin Timberlake - Ahh... time to cool down. It's been a while since we heard new stuff from JT... what do you think of this??