|Mini pumpkin patch at Hyland Orchards|
Happy October! Is it me or was that the fastest September ever??
I'm discovering that one of my favorite things to do is compose Monday Music playlists for my blog. I need to be careful because I can easily pass away hours on my computer looking up and listening to songs (ah... so THAT'S where my September went...) but it's a very soothing activity for me.
The idea for this week's theme came to me as I was driving home from work the other day. I was channel surfing for a good song to listen to in an attempt to avoid exchanging
Anyway, LCD Soundsystem's "Daft Punk is Playing At My House" came on and immediately put me in a good mood... especially the part when the cowbell kicks in. Now, I always knew I was a sucker for a good banjo but I didn't realize how much love I had for the cowbell... that is one underrated instrument.
I came home and started compiling a list of my favorite cowbell songs. I had to turn to the internet for some help on this one but quickly realized there are a ton of songs that include the cowbell that I never even realized.
Although definitely not inclusive of all great cowbell tunes, all of the songs in this playlist are staples in my iTunes library AND good workout songs :)
So enjoy this week's playlist! Really... explore the studio space with it...
MM#5 - "Hey Ladies... Rock the (Cow)Bells"
Total time: 1:08
- Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper 5:09 *the ultimate cowbell song... Can't listen to this without thinking of Will Ferrell.
- LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing At My House 5:17
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 5:51
- Sugar Hill Gang - Apache 4:04
- Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina 4:08
- Beastie Boys - She's Crafty 3:35
- Salt-n-Pepa - Push It 4:29
- Missy Elliot - Work It 4:22 *samples Run DMC's "Peter Piper"...
- Run DMC - Peter Piper 3:24 *...so I had to throw that in too!
- The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers 5:04 *LOVE the beginning of this song
- Dead or Alive - U Spin Me Round 4:27
- The Clash - Clampdown 3:49
- Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister 2:56
- Jay-Z - 99 Problems 3:55 *I prefer the mash-up w/ Linkin Park's "Point of Authority" but not sure that version has cowbell :)
- Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies 3:48
- Porno For Pyros - Pets 3:37 *great cool-down song
After you're all cowbelled out, take a minute to check out my new Fitness MoeJo Facebook page! It's brand-spanking new and just waiting for a few nice people to "like" it :) I'll be adding daily doses of fitness tips and inspiration beyond my regular blog posts... sharing is most appreciated and definitely encouraged... thanks!