Nothing like starting off the work week by sleeping in (7am, heyo!)... AND finding out that I won my fantasy football match-up last night! Amazing, considering a number of players on my team are injured and one of them didn't even garner any points. As defending champion from last year, I'm hopeful that I can keep my winning streak alive!
I've also got a brand-new Monday Music playlist... My first two MM playlists included a compilation of old school hip hop on my favorite running songs and old school rock on my favorite strength training songs.
For week #3, I figured I'd slow it down a bit and also include more current song selections. Most of these are songs from the past year or two... and of course, a few oldies but goodies managed to find their way in ;)
This playlist would work if you are spending time doing easy stretching; or you could add a few of the songs in at the end of your workout to listen to during a cool-down; or maybe you just want to have some easy, low-key background music playing... because if you're like me, music is ALWAYS on in the background...
MM#3 - "Sunset over Mykonos"
total time: 54:53
- Tanlines - All of Me 3:50 (a lot more upbeat than the rest of the songs here but I'm kinda liking it)
- M83 - Midnight City 4:03
- Fleet Foxes - Mykonos 4:35 (reminiscent of CSN&Y)
- The xx - Sunset 3:38
- Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait 4:36 (a good banjo gets me every time)
- James Taylor - Something in the Way She Moves 3:10
- The Lumineers - Ho Hey 2:43
- Passenger - Let Her Go 4:12
- Katie Melua - Just Like Heaven 3:34 (amazing cover)
- Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page 4:13 (yes, another M&S song! I like the live version of this song better)
- The Head & The Heart - Down in the Valley 5:04
- Brandi Carlile - Hard Way Home 3:21
- Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer 3:28 (a bit dark but GREAT song)
- Washed Out - Amor Fati 4:26
There are so many more I could have included but maybe they'll appear in a future list :)
Happy listening and I'd love to hear some of your suggestions for chill, relaxing music in the comments below!