So, my self-imposed challenge to blog everyday barely lasted a week... I missed yesterday BUT for good reason. I arrived home yesterday afternoon from an amazing weekend on the Cape with my college roommate BFF's :) My abs literally still hurt from all the laughing we were doing, my throat is still a bit raspy from all the
In the meantime, it's Monday which means time for some "new" tunes (not actually new songs per se, but maybe new to you). I decided to focus on some strength training tunes today. As in last week's post, this playlist is kind of a mix of songs but mostly harder old school rock, my genre of choice for pumping iron. The selections aren't based on anything other than the fact that they light a fire under me to get my butt moving and push a little harder beyond my comfort zone.
Here are some of my favorite strength training songs...
MM#2 - "Fuel for The Beautiful People"
total time: 1:05
- Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium) 6:27
- Wolfmother - White Unicorn 5:04
- Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock 4:58
- Godsmack - Keep Away 4:50
- Nine Inch Nails - Last 4:44 -- one of my all-time fave "hit it hard" workout songs
- Metallica - Fuel 4:29 -- my 2nd fave :)
- Cypress Hill - I Ain't Going Out Like That 4:27
- Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People 4:16
- The Afghan Whigs - Debonair 4:14
- A Perfect Circle - Judith 4:07
- Gravity Kills - Guilty 4:02
- Korn - Got The Life 3:46
- Busta Rhymes - Don't Touch Me Now (Throw the Water on 'Em) 3:36
- Muse - Hysteria 3:47
- Static-X - Push It 2:34
These suggestions may not be your taste in music but if they are... or even if you're a bit unsure... check them out!
If you missed Music Monday #1, with my favorite endurance running songs, check it out here !
Do you have an all-time favorite strength training song?