|(This is true)|
I have a number of 20(in)12 goals that I plan on conquering in the next couple of months including zip-lining, indoor rock climbing, flying trapeze, mountain hiking and kayaking.
I was able to cross off sailing last month, which was SO exciting! Even more exciting is that I participated in a sailing race! It's called Figawi and involves 240+ boats sailing from Hyannis, MA (on Cape Cod) to Nantucket over Memorial Day weekend.
This was my 1st time to Nantucket and I feel very lucky for getting to travel to and from in a private sailboat. Admittedly, my biggest contributions as a crew member were making sandwiches for everyone and staying out the way but it was a blast... and the boat I was on won its division!
During the rest of our time on the island, we danced at a few tent parties, took a ton of pictures, discovered a new favorite coffee place (also my new favorite Nantucket fudge place) and rented bikes for a 17-mile bike ride across the island.... all in all it was a pretty great weekend!
|Nantucket bike ride scenery - Sconset Light|
|My "hotel" for Figawi weekend|
|One of the million pics I took on Nantucket... such a photogenic island :)|
- done a bit of traveling (mini-vacation to Florida for a good friend's wedding)
- spent some QT with my adorable twin nieces (4 months old and cuter every day)
- been selected to run in the Falmouth Road Race in August (via competitive lottery process)
- celebrated turning
a year older,uh, 28 again :)
- started my summer conditioning program (hellooo stadium stairs)
- participated in the Women's Self-Esteem Campaign (a fantastic project being spearheaded by another good friend of mine)
- modeled for head shots taken by, yes, another good friend of mine and owner of Young at Heart Images (what can I say, I have great friends!)
- attended the first of many summer concerts ("Cracklin' Rosie git on board..." Oh yes... Neil Diamond!)
Off to a good start and the summer has only just begun!
I have to say, I'm relieved to not be training for a bikini show this summer. I'm still batch cooking and eating healthy but it is so much less stressful to not worry about everything that I consume. However, I do find that eating clean is the best thing for my body and I feel SO much better when I do. Of course, I'll still indulge in cheat meals and summertime libations but I'm always conscious of the fact that OVER indulging just isn't worth it. Plus, who wants to feel bloated while wearing a bikini? :)
|I like cold beverage, yeah..|
|Ciders and healthy BBQ in the middle of nature... my kinda summer day :)|
What are your plans/ goals this summer??